Onochie Lawrence, through The Bank of Africa, is moving toward providing sustainable solutions to energy and water needs within the African continent and then moving outward to other areas and into other impact spaces. From his headquarters in The Gambia, Onochie, who serves as Secretary-General of the bank, considers solutions for all of the UN SDGs, but, energy and water are so critical, that this is the focus for the launch that will happen in early 2022. His work on this and all of his projects requires determination, a leadership background, and partners, of course.
Onochie talks with Frontrunners Innovate Producer, Mary Kurek, about plans for the bank and who needs to help him bring progress to the neediest places in the world. (He shares which country they’re aiming to start with during this interview.)
Meet Onochie A. Lawrence (21-minute video).
- With over 11 years experience in Human Resources Management, Strategic Organizational Development, and Project Management Career
- Co-founder and Lead HR Consultant at Questor Consulting Services, The Gambia
- Lecturer at American International University West Africa The Gambia, HR and Labour Management Department
- Author of 6 books published in 8 different languages across 130 countries and 6 international e-journals with a Co-Author leading paper on SSRN ranked top 10
- First National Coordinator to have successfully completed Gallup’s World Poll Project in The Gambia in 2017, after 5 unsuccessful attempts with other Consultants.
- Former HR/ Project Director at (GEEW) Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women with over 7 years in duty with proven expertise in strategic HR management i.e. planning and policy, HR business partnering, talent management, selection, compensation, benefits, payroll, training, staff development, cultural change, employee relations, performance management, strong people and communication skills.
President, Frontrunners Development, Inc.
Global Business Developer for Frontrunner Partnerships (UN SDG #17)