Dr. Kim Webber, Principal Consultant, Health Strategy Consulting, Australia
Why This Focus of Impact:
Kim Webber on Health Tech starts here: Kim is an independent consultant supporting organizations and governments to understand how digital health can support the way health care is delivered. She believes digital health can address many of the issues facing the health system and can support health reform. Most recently Kim led the Strategy group at the Australian Digital Health Agency overseeing the development of the National Digital Health Strategy and the policy, privacy, program delivery, and benefits portfolios. During this time she also served as Chair of the Policy Environments Work Stream for the Global Digital Health Partnership.
Kim has been Chief Executive Officer of a number of national health organizations including the National Rural Health Alliance, Rural Health Workforce Australia and the Murray Darling Medical School where she was also appointed as a Technical Advisor to the World Health Organization on their rural health workforce review. Previously Kim worked for the Commonwealth Department of Health, established a University Department of Rural Health for the University of Sydney, and managed rural programs for beyondblue: the national depression initiative. Kim is an Adjunct Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for Health Policy at the University of Melbourne and has served as a Board Director for the Royal Flying Doctors Service and the National Rural Women’s Coalition.
- Led the development of Australia’s Digital Health Strategy, approved by all health ministers
- As Chair of the policy workstream of the Global Digital Health Partnership, she led a comprehensive international review of secondary uses of health information policy
- Established the innovative model for the Murray Darling Medical School which secured approval and government funding in the 2018 federal budget
Kim seeks to upskill health organizations on digital health technologies and help them support and create new models of digital-enabled health care. She aims to embed and normalize digital health in the health sector.
- Health policy makers and strategists who want to support health reforms with digital health tools
- Health strategy leads looking to develop a digital health strategy
- Executives of health organizations seeking to transition to a digital future
- LinkedIn – http://linkedin.com/in/kim-