Berne Gibbons, Digital Healthcare Consultant/Speaker/Executive Search, Australia
Why This Focus of Impact:
Berne Gibbons on Health Tech starts here: Berne is a respected leader in the healthcare industry with a background in Nursing, Pharmaceutical Industry, and Digital Technology spanning 40 years. She has been committed to advancing digital health in Australia for the past 12 years. The passion for digital began in her role as General Manager for Health at Telstra which provided the opportunity to work with different disciplines, to apply her clinical learnings, and use her knowledge to enrich and change the lives of clinicians and healthcare workers through digital capability and technology. Berne is driven by her desire to educate and inform the current and future healthcare workforce in Australia that is experienced and well equipped to utilize the digital technology that is available to them.
- While at Telstra Berne led the bid for the controversial PCEHR (Personally Controlled Electronic Health Record) Infrastructure contract now known as MyHealthRecord.
- In 2018, she was named as one of the Australian Financial Review’s 100 Women of Influence, selected as the winner of the “Social Enterprise and Not-for-profit” category, an accolade which was earned for her work with the nonprofit organization, Pathfinders. Berne is a Board Member at Pathfinders and leads a programme aimed to assist with registering the births of Aboriginal people through the National Aboriginal Birth Certificate Program. She is a descendant of the Wiradjuri people and did not have her birth registered, therefore is passionate and committed to this program.
- Berne successfully incorporated a technology company and launched a next-generation digital medical record in the Australia and New Zealand markets. The software provides a digital solution that allows clinicians to retain the look and feel of paper records.
- Berne regularly mentors young entrepreneurs looking to build digital healthcare start-ups in Australia. This passion for sharing her knowledge led Berne to her achieve an Associate Professorship at the University of Technology in Sydney, where she lectures on Digital Health.
Outside of digital healthcare strategy, this year Berne will be extending her consultancy services to offer executive search and placement within the digital healthcare industry. Over the years, Berne has amassed an extensive network of industry contacts and has long been ardent about helping the right people find the roles that will put them on track for a successful career.
- Developers of new digital technology looking to enter the Australian and New Zealand market
- Industry professionals searching for senior leadership roles in digital healthcare
- Healthcare leaders requiring Berne’s services as a subject matter expert in digital healthcare strategy
- Web site: www.bernegibbons.com
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/berne-gibbons-6286586/